Welcome Back to Warriors Unmasked! - The Podcast
Oh boy, are you in for a treat today, we have a powerful episode for you. We sit down with country music singer/songwriter and mental health advocate Jason Deshaw. From growing up in a small town in Montana to becoming a renowned country singer and battling alcoholism and bipolar disorder. Jason offers songs of hope and inspiration to anyone fighting their own battle of mental illness. You’ll hear about the events that lead up to Jason’s diagnosis of bipolar disorder and the effects it had on his career and personal life. How he changed his perspective to hope and inspiration and how through his music he aims to leave that same impact across the world.
Listen in as we discuss the keys to maintaining your mental health, and how Jason stays grounded with meditation, sobriety, and connecting with nature. We firmly believe that one of the best things you can do is to take a step back and allow yourself to be. So often are our problems put aside because they have no physical form. But Jason is working towards a world where mental illness is treated not with fear but understanding and knowledge. You’ll hear all this and more when you hit play!
Always In Your Corner,
Chuck and Clint
To find Jason’s music and follow him on social media, click the links below!
More of what we talk about...
- Dealing with alcoholism and bipolar disorder
- Switching to a perspective of hope
- The impact you can have through serving others
- Creating hope with music
- Maintaining your mental health with sobriety
- The meaning behind mental health stigma
- One of the best ways to get rid of fear around mental illness
- The importance of touching the heart with music
- Finding wisdom in the quiet
- How focusing on the present can help ease anxiety
- And much more!
Episode Minute to Minute:
- 0:02 What we cover today
- 1:48 Introducing Jason
- 5:18 Jason’s story
- 9:55 Finding strength through the struggle
- 15:02 The journey of recovery and substance abuse
- 20:09 stigma and discrimination
- 25:19 Grounding in music and energy
- 32:21 The importance of meditation
- 36:52 The dangers of letting your head take over
- 38:15 Where you can find Jason
- 41:45 Jason’s closing thoughts