Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
Have you ever had one of those days where everything seems to be piling on top of one another and the tenuous hold you had on your good mood just evaporates? Sometimes life has a way of making our difficult moments even harder, but that doesn’t mean you can’t live without true peace and happiness. It all starts with your thoughts…
Today we sit down with psychotherapist and transformative coach Jason Shiers.
Join us as Jason talks about his journey of losing his father at five years old, the addictions he grew to cope with his struggle, and the path of self-destruction Jason was certain he couldn’t get out of. You’ll hear about his incredible transformation and how his true path to happiness started with getting out of his head.
Listen in as Jason talks about the construct behind mental illness and how your thought life is more than just experiencing the world around you. You’ll learn why addiction is more than behavior or substance abuse, the link between overthinking and mental illness, and the steps that transformed Jason’s inner world from one of victimization to an empowered and true version of himself.
If you’ve ever felt like your brain never takes a break then this episode is for you, so hit play, sit back and learn the truth of how you can better your outer world today!
For more resources or to connect with Jason, check out the links below!
Always in your corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- Losing his father at 5 years old
- Using food as a coping mechanism
- The dangers of living without hope
- When its uncomfortable to be you
- Why addiction is more than behavioral
- The cause of mental illness
- Finding happiness for no good reason
- A peek into Jason’s book
- Learning to “be” where you are
- Existing peacefully within your own mind
- Creating the experiences you are having
- How to get out of a victim mindset
- And much more!
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 What we cover today!
- 2:25 Introducing Jason Shiers
- 4:43 Jason’s story
- 10:50 Living a self-destructive life
- 15:03 Quieting the mind with addiction
- 20:05 The construct of mental illness
- 23:25 How Jason transformed himself
- 26:50 What you’ll find in Jason’s book
- 31:20 Changing inside first to change outside
- 37:35 The connection with a deeper truth
- 42:04 Books from Jason to look out for
- 47:46 On the other side of darkness
- 49:08 Jason’s advice for you
- 50:48 Closing thoughts