Welcome Back to Warriors Unmasked! - The Podcast
“Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” – Paul Boese
Trigger Warning: This shares minor graphic details of violent traumatic events. If this is overwhelming or hits a little too close to home for you, we encourage you to check out another episode and come back when you’re ready!
Listen in as we walk through Tyler’s process of forgiveness and how he stepped into a life that was fearless, compassionate, and happy. You’ll learn about that fateful day in Canada, dealing with survivor’s guilt, and Tyler’s “aha” moment on knowing that forgiveness was the best route for him to heal. We discuss the struggle people have with injustice and how it can hinder us from making real headway in forgiving those who have wronged us. As well as understanding that forgiveness does not care about the size of the offense, the importance of support, and how you can stay out of the “why” and take action towards a better life.
We are so honored to hear and learn from someone like Tyler and know you will find so much value in this conversation.
PS: To hear more of Tyler’s story, go back to episode 3 wherever you are listening and dive in!
Always in your corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- The importance of forgiveness
- Why forgiveness is for you, not the other person
- Overcoming trauma and forgiving
- Dealing with survivor’s guilt
- The correlation of offense and forgiveness
- Working with a missing puzzle piece
- How Tyler worked through the process of forgiveness
- Why you should stop asking why
- The power of purpose and faith
- Avoiding the victim loop by practicing gratitude
- And much more!
Episode Minute to Minute:
- 1:46 Tyler’s second introduction
- 5:04 A traumatic experience
- 10:10 Finding your purpose
- 14:24 Facing his attacker
- 18:06 The struggle with injustice
- 22:50 Learning forgiveness from others
- 27:01 How faith played a role in Tyler’s journey
- 31:51 Tyler’s impact
- 35:54 The trouble with a victim mindset
- 40:22 Where you can find Tyler
- 42:26 Tyler’s advice on forgiveness