Welcome Back to Warriors Unmasked! - The Podcast
Wow, are you in for a power-packed episode today.
As soon as you hit play, we want to introduce you to a woman whose journey is unfortunately all too common in the world today…a story of how childhood sexual abuse led to a young life of self-medication, addiction, lies, and isolation.
However, the story doesn’t end there.
In this episode, get to know our guest Nicole DePalma-Carson! Nicole is a recovering addict, sexual assault survivor, wife, and mother of two boys, and community recovery specialist at Dream Life Recovery.
Hear Nicole’s incredible journey of going from a blur of drugs and drinking anything to numb the
pain, to a life of service, gratitude and helping others get free. This episode will leave you with goosebumps from head to toe and the hope you need to get through any dark day on your journey.
If you know someone who has a similar journey to Nicole or anyone who needs to hear this story, please share this episode with them and be sure to check out the links below!
Always in your corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- The results of growing up too fast
- Numbing yourself from the good and the bad
- Breaking free from the shame
- Healing after sexual abuse
- What happens when you choose self-forgiveness
- Beating the inner voices and self chatter
- The time commitment of sobriety
- The importance of self-check ins
- Getting to know yourself after addiction
- And much more!
Episode Minute to Minute:
- 0:02 What to expect today
- 2:12 Conversation starts: Get to know Nicole
- 12:12 When Nicole had her first son
- 14:41 The journey of losing yourself
- 17:48 Why Nicole found it important to forgive
- 22:08 Winning the battle of your mind
- 28:47 What withdraws are actually like
- 31:23 When Nicole knew it was time to make a change
- 44:21 How to connect with Nicole
- 48:00 Finding your hobbies
Facebook: DreamLife Recovery
YouTube: DreamLife Recovery