Welcome Back To Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked, if you’ve been joining in with us you know we put huge value on support systems, family, and friends that help us through our mental journeys. But sometimes, we dig so deep we forget how simple it can be. Our guest today is an amazing example of not only our 3 pillars of perseverance, courage, and mental health but a thought leader in positive thinking, finding your happiness within yourself, and protecting what you have grown. Brent DeNure is a retired goal keeper and close friend, he has pushed through physical obstacles to pursue hockey, worked for and owned multiple businesses, and now focuses on his current business of Vintage Tendy Magazine and Vintage Firetruck Magazine.
Join us as we talk about how Brent began his journey in hockey growing up in Chatham, Ontario with his three other siblings and parents. How Brent managed starting hockey later than all the other kids his age and how his determination allowed him to continue pursuing hockey throughout college and beyond. Listen in as Brent discusses his determination to have fun, and rewarding experiences that followed him after hockey and into becoming an entrepreneur. You’ll hear how owning two diamond stores, armed robberies, and even family tension did not stop Brent from pursuing what he thought was the right thing in that moment, and how taking a step back and reevaluating his situation is a practice that Brent has found creates amazing results and how he still uses it today. We have an open conversation about the importance of support, family, surrounding yourself with positive thinkers, and how sometimes you just need to keep it simple. This refreshing episode is one you do not want to miss, we had an great time talking to Brent and hearing all the wisdom that he carries.
To learn more about Brent, check out the magazines, or connect on social media check out the links below! And remember, sometimes it’s better to just keep it simple.
Always in your corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- Breaking through cliques as a young athlete
- Brent’s life after hockey and college
- Learning through tragedy and new territory
- How Brent became an entrepreneur
- Finding the flexibility to grow and change with your business
- How COVID put things into perspective
- Why you should take a deep breath and reevaluate
- The one thing that you should value above all else
- The importance of surrounding yourself with people who will help you grow
- Finding the confidence that things will work out
- Why Brent is passionate about printing physical magazines
- Why you should be around those who think positively
- And much more!
Episode Minute to Minute:
- 0:02 What to expect today
- 1:32 American Hat Company ad
- 1:52 Episode starts
- 3:27 How life was like growing up for Brent
- 9:32 Brent’s journey with minor league hockey
- 13:27 What college was like
- 19:30 What life looked like after college
- 23:48 Brent’s journey to entrepreneurship and working with family
- 28:06 When the game changed for Brent
- 33:30 How Brent made friends in Hollywood
- 36:02 Bren’t main message in life
- 40:37 When things started to go off the rails
- 47:35 Finding the simplicity in life
- 55:05 Final thoughts