Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
It’s official, the holiday season is in full swing! We have Thanksgiving under our belt and Christmas and New Years are just days away. We thought it was only right to sit down and talk about the blessings and gifts we have already been given this Christmas season and share a few more gifts with you, our amazing and valued listeners!
We know that for some, the holiday season isn’t always bright lights and laughter. In fact, it can be a really hard time for those struggling with mental illness. If you can relate, you’re not alone.
Listen in as we talk about how we approach the holiday season and how we stay in a routine that helps keep the holiday stress and anxiety at bay. It’s easy to get caught up in the commercialism and expectations that this season brings, but we’re here to remind you don’t get too wrapped up in the traditions if it’s at the expense of your own mental health.
When you hit play you’ll also be joining us on our walk down memory lane to revisit the past Christmases that brought us love, laughter, and joy, as well as the moments that were not so easy for us. We are sure you will pick up tips along the way that could help bring you out of any holiday slump.
We hope this episode encourages and inspires you to take the pressure off this season and helps fill your heart and put it in the right place to feel the real true reason for the season.
We would love to connect with you, you can find our information in the links below!
Always In Your Corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- Keeping the stress out of Christmas
- Taking extra time to care for yourself
- How to celebrate Christmas if you have anxiety
- A simple Christmas and its benefits
- Giving yourself the opportunity to stay in a good place
- Leaning into the real spirit of Christmas
- Why it’s ok to say ‘No’ this season
- The joy of sharing the spirit of Christmas with others
- Looking back at the Christmases we enjoyed
- The gift our listeners have given to us
- Our tips to get through this season successfully
- And much more!
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 What we shared today!
- 1:32 Why this season is so important
- 3:09 Go the extra mile for your mental health
- 4:45 If the Holiday season is hard for you, try this
- 6:30 Finding joy in the simple things
- 8:46 The importance of staying in your routine
- 10:51 Creating magical moments with our families
- 13:49 The wonderful memories that we grew up with
- 17:44 What we’re thankful for this season
- 19:13 The time of year to take care of YOU
- 20:41 Closing thoughts