Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
Trigger Warning: This episode talks about attempted and committed acts of suicide. If this is overwhelming or hits a little too close to home for you, we encourage you to check out another episode and come back when you’re ready!
There’s a moment in someone’s life where one conversation can change the way they see themselves. Our guest Jesse Brisendine had this moment at just five years old. But how it starts isn’t always how it ends and the journey to healing was just a part of unlocking the greatness that Jesse embodies today.
Jesse Brisendine is an award-winning speaker, best-selling author, and internationally known coach who helps individuals and organizations push past their limitations. We take a deep dive into Jesse’s life and journey from experiencing divorce at five years old to internalizing emotions to the point of attempting suicide at nine. Jesse talks about his struggle with mental health as a teenager and how he managed to break away from the self-loathing and begin growing confidence while in college.
Listen in as we talk about the moment Jesse took his first step in healing and the difference a small change made to his mental health. Jesse talks about one of the hardest days of his life when he lost a friend and how that opened a new sense of consciousness that Jesse still lives with today. From a moment of divine awareness to gaining a new perspective on gratitude in another country, Jesse’s story is full of heartbreak, hope, healing, and inspiration.
This episode is full of eye-opening and life-changing insight into the power of gratitude and mindset shifts. We hope you find encouragement and hope from this story to take that next step in your own journey. For more resources or to get in touch with Jesse, please check out the links below!
Always In Your Corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- Growing up too early
- What lead to Jesse’s attempted suicide
- Accepting someone for who they are
- The moment Jesse realized he needed to change
- Making simple guidelines to keep you on your path
- How Jesse grew his self-confidence
- Losing a friend to suicide
- Holding multiple levels of consciousness
- Gaining a new perspective in life
- Not letting your trauma define you
- Finding gratitude in the small things
- How Jesse sets his
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 What we cover today
- 1:36 Introducing Jesse Brisendine
- 6:32 The start of Jesse’s journey
- 10:19 Struggling with shame
- 15:53 Communicating with the ones who hurt us
- 20:24 Dealing with expectations of loved ones
- 25:05 The first step to healing
- 30:15 Taking on responsibility in relationships
- 35:29 Living in multiple levels of consciousness
- 39:13 Life after tragedy
- 44:55 Carrying gratitude in everyday life
- 49:10 Jesse’s advice for you
- 52:29 Where to find Jesse’s book
- 53:36 Closing thoughts
7 Essential Mindshifts https://jessebrisendine.lpages.co/mindset-mastery-blueprint/
Ted Talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJCMnjXPdos