Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
We have a special episode for you today, Clint and I sit down and talk about our journey with the podcast so far, our incredible guests, and the hope we have for the future.
Warriors Unmasked was started with the idea that no one should feel like they are alone, that if you just take that step and reach out, help will be waiting on the other side. The stories from our guests have ranged from a diverse group of people and it has truly been an honor to hear about their journeys. From professional athletes, to mothers and fathers, teenagers, and veterans, each and every one of them has a story, just like us, and just like you.
Join us as we talk about the impact these stories have had on us, and how thankful we are to have heard them. Their stories have given us the courage to persevere no matter what comes our way. Our hope is that these stories have done the same for you, and given you the encouragement you might need to continue on your journey of mental health. If you’ve been listening to us since the beginning, we offer a thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
If you haven’t heard all of our conversations we encourage you to go back and listen in because you may just find that someone’s story is similar to yours.
To connect with us and for more resources check out the links below. We would love to talk and hear your story of courage, perseverance, and mental health!
Always in your corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- The impact of Warriors Unmasked
- Giving support instead of advice
- Incredible stories from a diverse group of people
- How your feedback helps us
- The power of perseverance
- How these stories give us strength
- The one thing that we want you to know
- Reaching out for help even if it’s just one person
- Finding relief in that first step towards help
- How you can share your story with us
- And much more!
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 What we cover today
- 1:30 Conversation starts
- 5:06 Forgiveness and perseverance
- 10:18 The diversity of our podcast
- 14:39 Receiving encouragement from other’s stories
- 19:48 Stories from our fellow hockey players
- 23:03 The courage of working through brain damage
- 27:14 Our message to you and creating a safe space
- 31:42 How we began our healing journeys
- 36:40 The moment Chuck realized he needed help
- 41:03 Inviting you into the conversation
- 42:10 Closing thoughts