Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
Unfortunately, the old saying “life is not all rainbows and butterflies” is true…
Sometimes bad things happen and it leaves you feeling like everything has been turned upside down. Especially, when the bad thing that happened is the loss of someone near and dear to you. This type of pain can be emotionally messy for everyone involved. Subsequently, this process can take a long time.
Welcome back to another episode of Warriors Unmasked! While Clint is out saving the world, it’ll be just me, Chuck, here with this week’s guest! If you are new here, you should know this podcast is all about courage and mental health. It’s our passion to equip you with new tools and resources that will help you navigate whatever life brings your way.
That’s why I am so excited to introduce you to today’s guest. I know for some of you, this conversation will be life-changing and soul-healing. Hit play to meet Laurie Singer! Laurie is a licensed marriage and family therapist, board-certified behavior analyst, author, endurance athlete, and mental health advocate.
Learning how losing her 2-year-old son to cancer when she was only 26 led her down a path of deep depression, into total healing and finding her life’s purpose through her works today. Hear how this incredible transformation happened and the practical steps she took to get there.
During our conversation, Laurie shares one powerful mental trick she created using the simple “Green, Yellow and Red” formula. Mastering this one skill can start to set your brain free from anxiety and help you become a master of your own “triggers.”
Whether you have lost someone close to you, or you have just had a few tough years…this episode can help you regain your hope and step into a new light. If you know someone who needs to hear this conversation, shares this episode with them! If you ever want to reach out to us our guests, follow the links below to learn how to connect with us!
Always in your corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- When Laurie lost her son
- CMN and How Laurie’s legacy lives on
- How Laurie found purpose
- How fearful thoughts grow
- Keys for staying in the present moment
- Coping tools for managing your depression and anxiety
- How to start changing your habits
- Loving words for those who have lost someone
- It’s okay to mourn how you need to
- And much more!
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 A look into today’s episode
- 1:30 Thank you to today’s sponsor
- 2:31 Get to know Laurie Singer
- 4:14 When Laurie suffered the tragic loss of her son
- 11:46 What led Laurie to the work she is doing today
- 18:34 The misconceptions about anxiety
- 24:16 An exercise to help manage thoughts
- 29:55 Laurie’s thoughts about medication
- 33:01 Understanding your own triggers
- 42:33 When recovering from losing a loved one
You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KIfyjiJBq8
Book site https://www.yourenotcrazybook.com/about-laurie-singer/