Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
They say that laughter is the best medicine in the world, well, when it comes to mental illness it’s not just medicine, it’s a door to reconnecting with those around you.
Welcome back to another Warriors Unmasked episode! Today, Clint and I talk with key-note speaker, virtual business coach, mental health advocate, and all-around stand-up guy, Greg Kettner. He takes us on his journey of mental health when, two years ago, he was deemed along with thousands of others around the U.S. as “non-essential”. What started off as a devastating blow ended with the realization of a dream and a heart for those who are struggling.
Join us as we talk about Greg’s passion for helping others who are battling mental illness and the power of laughter that helps him. You’ll learn why it’s so important for us to laugh, how to make powerful connections with others, and how the gift of vulnerability can change your life for the better. Plus! Greg’s practical tips and tricks for adding laughter into your life every day, and the self-care he practices to keep “working happy”.
We hope this episode brought you as much joy as it did us, to learn more about Greg or to connect with him, check out the links below!
Always In Your Corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- 3 things that Greg does to stay happy (And they’re free!)
- Taking advantage of being laid off
- The power of letting go and moving forward
- Permission for round-the-clock self-care
- An emergency stand-up comedy show in Vegas
- Serving others and chasing happiness
- Why you should start sending gratitude texts
- The gift of vulnerability
- Laughing your way to a better mindset
- Making a genuine connection with those around you
- And much more!
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 What we cover today!
- 2:20 Welcome Greg Kettner
- 4:39 Greg’s 3 free tips for self-care
- 7:58 Being deemed “non-essential”
- 12:38 The kick that Greg needed
- 17:03 How Greg did a stand-up show in Vegas
- 22:44 The lonely life of a stand-up comedian
- 24:47 What does working happy look like?
- 27:21 The impact and power of vulnerability
- 30:49 Creating a connection with laughter
- 35:26 The power of laughter
- 41:37 How to connect with Greg Kettner
- 43:29 Greg’s advice for you
- 46:47 Closing thoughts