Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
You can read a thousand books about planes and never know how to be a pilot. You could see every photo and video from every angle of an amusement park and never know what it’s like on the big drop down the roller coaster. You can thumb through the best cookbooks from every nation and never know what their signature dishes taste like. The point is, that there are some things that require first-hand experience if you want to have authority on the matter. That’s why today’s guest is so special!
Today we sit down with author, software developer, blogger, and mental health advocate, Mr. Brian Sachetta. We’ll take a deep dive into his journey from growing up in an affluent family and realizing that anxiety and depression were just something he would grow up with until he was in high school/college and realized it was time to reach out for help.
When it comes to bad mental health, Brian has been there, done that, and worn the t-shirt. (Literally, check out his cool brand t-shirt on our social media post about this episode! Links below.) Fast forward to today, and you will find Brian living happy, healthy, and free from the struggles that used to hold him back. This transformational journey is what put him on the path to helping others “Get Out of Your Head” and overcome various forms of mental illness through his writings and sharing his personal experience.
His first book aptly named “Get Out of Your Head: A Toolkit for Living with and Overcoming Anxiety,” was released in 2018 and he has been hard at work ever since. Listen in to hear the back story behind this book and how he has expanded into blogging and other resources. Throughout his works, he recounts his past struggles with them due to not having the right information at his disposal. That’s why he’s so passionate about using his skills to influence the lives of others; he wants to help as many of his followers as possible avoid such a fate.
This is a powerful episode for anyone who is currently struggling with anxiety or anyone who is looking for new ways to improve their daily self-care routine. This conversation and the resources Brian shares today are the type of content that can save a life. While you listen to the show, if anyone comes to your mind who may need to hear it, we humbling and urgently ask you to follow that feeling and share this episode with them. You never how much they may need it!
Always in your corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- Is this normal? How to identify your emotions
- The moment Brian knew something was wrong
- How to get out of your own head
- Practical tips on managing your anxiety
- Why it’s important to know your limits
- Communication skills we can all learn
- Everything gets better one day at a time
- What to say to others who are struggling
- And much more!
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 1:28 Thank you to today’s sponsors
- 2:34 Get to know Brian Sachetta
- 6:00 How to know if what you are feeling is normal
- 16:30 How Chuck stays ahead of his anxiety
- 18:48 Why sleep is critical for mental health
- 23:48 Why we all need to know our limits
- 30:55 The moment of rejection that ended in self-empowerment
- 34:53 How Brian manages his mental health
- 37:41 A look into Brian’s two books and blog
- 51:19 Things Brian wants everyone to remember