Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
When it comes to your journey with mental health, there is one component that always gets the ball rolling: acceptance. When we live in denial or resist what is disturbing us, it only prolongs our suffering and, most times takes a toll on our self-image. So, if you’re looking for a way to overcome your struggles and be your true self every day, this episode is for you.
Today we sit down with life and executive coach and mental health advocate Kristin Taylor. Join us as Kristin talks about her journey from growing up as a hyper-sensitive kid with anxiety-induced tummy issues to learning self-love and compassion, allowing her to live her life boldly and authentically.
Kristin talks about the signs of hyper-sensitivity, how it manifests in kids and adults, and how you can support those struggling with it. Listen in as we talk about committing fully to living authentically, taking responsibility for the hard things in your life, and why one of the best things you can do for yourself is just to give yourself some love. Now, we know, the journey to healing is not an easy path, but when you hit play, you’ll hear just what’s on the other side of your ‘yes’.
Kristin’s story is an incredible example of what perseverance, courage, and focusing on mental health can do in your life.
If you enjoyed this episode, make sure to follow and share it with your friends and family.
For more resources or to connect with Kristin, check out the links below!
Always in your corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- Pretending to have it all together
- Growing up with anxiety
- Looking at your sensitivity as a gift
- Understanding that healing takes time
- Being ok with getting messy
- Are you willing to show up as your authentic self?
- Permission to set boundaries in your life
- Learning self-compassion
- Being aware of what your thoughts are saying
- Responding vs. reacting
- And much more!
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 What we cover today
- 2:25 Introducing Kristin Taylor
- 3:58 How Kristin started her journey
- 7:10 Dealing with anxiety as a child
- 12:27 Examples of a sensitive child
- 17:50 When you’re an old soul
- 22:30 How Kristin began healing
- 28:01 Doing the hard work
- 34:16 What happens when you show your authentic self
- 39:24 What mindfulness and self-compassion looks like
- 47:54 Your first step to healing
- 50:13 Where to find Kristin
- 53:52 Kristin’s advice for you
- 54:51 Closing thoughts