Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
Welcome to Warriors Unmasked! Today’s show is all about wellness, self-care, and calming your mind and body. Did you know that most people in 2023 are over-breathing? Short, shallow breaths can trigger your “fight or flight” response, increasing stress and anxiety. It can even cause a high heart rate, high blood pressure, and an increase in stress hormones. But the good news is, when you breathe better, you feel better and we are about to show you how!
We had the honor of sitting down with a special guest, Todd Steinberg, the President of Komuso Design. Todd and his wife, Vanessa, created a necklace concept that helps people slow their breathing and create healthy breathing habits that transform their lives one breath at a time. Their goal is to lead the “fashion wellness” movement and impact as many lives as possible.
The device is so simple and powerful. It helps slow people’s exhale to 8+ seconds, calming the entire nervous system. Trust us, the “shift” necklace is not just a fashion statement, it’s a game changer for reducing stress and anxiety!
During our conversation, Todd shared his incredible entrepreneurial journey from co-founding a student travel company called Xtreme Trips, to entering the wellness space with his invention and everything in between. But even more impressive than his business’s success is the progress and triumphs he has experienced in his own mental health journey.
After losing his Dad at a young age due to health complications caused by stress, Todd knew that self-care was important, but he didn’t know how to achieve peace of mind for himself. He shares how he started to take back his mental space by recognizing his triggers, how he learned to listen to his body, and how he discovered the power of breathwork and so much more.
You’ll also learn how the Komuso and breathing techniques are not just something new agey or gimmicky, it’s based on the breathing techniques used by 17th-century Japanese monks who used to wear similar necklaces to help them focus on their breath and quiet their minds.
If you’re looking for a new tool to add to your self-care arsenal, be sure to check out Komuso Design via the links below! And as always, thanks for listening – If you need someone to talk to or if you have any feedback for our show don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Always in your corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- Tips for how to handle your everyday anxiety
- The common state of mind most people are in 2023
- How to identify stress in your body
- Men – you don’t have to be tough
- Unhealthy habits that make stress worse
- How Chuck would have used the Komuso in his hockey days
- ● How to increase awareness and start transforming your life
- The first step to calming your mind and body
- How your phone is causing your anxiety
- The true power of meditation
- How Todd overcame high-functioning anxiety
- And much more!
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:09 What’s inside today’s conversation
- 1:30 Thank you to today’s sponsors
- 2:48 Get to know Todd Steinberg
- 5:14 The power of sitting in silence
- 9:15 When Todd’s Dad died from stress
- 11:48 An example of healing vulnerability
- 17:40 Being aware of your physical reactions
- 21:18 The tech addiction epidemic
- 25:00 Todd’s first experience with break works
- 32:07 How to better handle daily stress
- 35:55 A beginners guide to breath work
- 40:33 How Todd started a wellness business
- 46:06 Why the Komuso is so powerful
- 52:11 How to get your own Komuso
Website: The Organic Way to Calm Your Anxiety
Instagram: Komusō (@komusodesign)
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/todd-steinberg-7740265
You Tube: Komusō Design