Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
If you are like us, Thanksgiving and this time of year is about more than just turkey, traveling, and family traditions. It’s a time to reflect on all the things we’re thankful for in this life.
This week in honor of the Holiday we decided to take a different approach to our episode. Instead of introducing you to another incredible guest, we want to invite you to grab your favorite Thanksgiving snack or drink and join us at “the table” for a conversation about gratitude and thankfulness.
Looking back at our past guests there’s a recurring theme that we’ve noticed. No matter how down and out, how much they struggled, or the trauma that our guests had experienced, they were always thankful for where their journey led them. In our opinion, this isn’t a coincidence. Gratefulness is one of the strongest tools you have in your mental toolbox! Listen in as we share our own experience with thankfulness and how taking as little as ten minutes a day to focus on gratitude has changed our lives.
We also want to take a moment today and honor the people who have helped mold us into the men we are today, the gift this show has given us, and the amazing guests we’ve had the honor of talking to. You’ll hear about comparison and the joy it can rob you of, as well as some tips to find thankfulness in any scenario you find yourself in. We know the holidays are not easy for everyone, but our hope is that this episode can give you just a little comfort, companionship, and encouragement to find something you are grateful for in your life.
So hit play, pull up a chair (or an earbud), sit back and join the conversation.
PS: Creating this show for our listeners, for YOU, is one of the things we are most grateful for.
Always in your corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- Why you should start a gratitude journal
- Intentionally taking time to give thanks
- Shedding the mask of being “strong”
- Being thankful for the small things
- The importance of staying away from comparison
- Finding thankfulness no matter what
- Becoming vulnerable to help serve others
- Why kindness is so important
- Being grateful for the people in your life
- Our gratitude towards YOU
- And much more!
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 What we cover today!
- 1:31 The power of gratitude
- 3:20 How gratitude journaling changed our lives
- 5:47 A great way to change perspective
- 7:28 The magic of Thanksgiving in the U.S.
- 9:57 Finding gratefulness during the holidays
- 13:20 How comparison kills gratitude
- 17:50 Gratitude’s impact on making tough decisions
- 20:51 The people who got us here today
- 26:13 Closing thoughts