Welcome Back to Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
If you haven’t taken a moment to celebrate how far you’ve come in your journey we want to just acknowledge how amazing you are! We have a really special guest today, Steven McGrinder is someone that we think boldly and happily embodies the message of Warriors Unmasked. A native of Ontario Canada Steven grew up with a passion for hockey pursuing it even when others suggested he stopped. He’s played for Miami University where he gained a BS in Mass Communications with a minor in Marketing and Coaching, from there he played for the Cincinnati Cyclones and set the record for most points by a defensive man. Steven has an incredible story of perseverance and courage that took him from the bottom of the register to setting records that weren’t passed until almost a decade later. You’ll hear from Steven as he talks about all the ‘no’s in his life and how he refused to let them stop him from making his dreams a reality. Steven discusses maintaining a perspective that will have you reaching for your goals and dreams no matter what the circumstances, and how you can always take ownership of your situation. Join us for this inspiring and open conversation, that we both have had the honor of being a part of. We hope that you gain encouragement for whatever challenges you face today!
Always in your corner, Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- Why you can be successful at what YOU are doing
- How Steve wouldn’t take no for an answer
- Living your life expecting success
- Changing your perspective to learn and grow
- How Steve enabled himself for success in challenges later in life
- Staying ready so you can seize your opportunity
- Staying in control of yourself when you have no control over the situation
- Taking ownership of your situation
- Taking quiet time to become congruent with yourself
- Being purposeful with your actions in the present
- And much more!
Episode Minute to Minute:
- 0:02 What to expect today
- 1:27 Welcome to Steven
- 5:10 Why do we let people’s opinions of us stop us?
- 8:04 How Steven’s story began
- 14:22 When Steven first felt rejected
- 20:06 How Steven displayed extreme courage
- 25:25 you can handle anything
- 31:00 When Steven won his spot back
- 42:22 What are your habits going to be?
- 46:54 Steven’s advice for anyone who is in an unfair situation
- 51:47 How Steven gets through every day