Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked! Fair warning, this episode could have gone on for at least four more hours. It feels like 40+ minutes is just scratching the surface of what today’s guest has to offer. When you’re left wanting more, don’t say we didn’t warn you! Be sure to check out the links below to find more ways to connect with anyone from our podcast episodes.
Today we welcome breast cancer survivor, successful Tech Executive, Technology Association of George’s Leader of The Year for large enterprise, author, and mother, Marva Baylor Marvel! This episode will take you from sadness, heartbreak, compassion, and empathy to being transformed by hope, awareness, happiness, and complete empowerment.
Marva infuses positive energy with her recent, real-world perspective gained through her career as a sales and marketing leader, from startups to blue chip brands, including IBM, Amazon, and Splunk. Currently, in her role at Twilio, Marva serves as vice president of revenue for the social impact company.
She is a true professional and has wisdom everyone can learn from. However, what makes her journey even more inspiring is how she overcame breast cancer and is helping others find hope and real solutions who may find themselves in a similar situation.
We can all agree that no one ever wants to hear the “C word” – Cancer. However, for Marva, this topic came with several past traumatic events. After losing her Mother, Father and many other loved ones to Cancer the diagnosis hit her hard.
Hear how she rose to the occasion, educated herself about treatment and options, and used her skill of asking great questions, and her gut feeling to find her best path for healing. Hit play to hear the full story!
Always in your corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- Important conversations you need to have with your kids
- What has changed most in the last 100 years
- Likes and comments have nothing to do with your personal worth
- Life is more than just what you look like physically
- The definition of narcissism and how it shows up in culture
- The exodus of social media from the most secure and grounded adults.
- How social media relate to people in their 40s and 50s
- And much more!
Episode Minute By Minute:
- How cancer changed every for Marva
- What it’s like to have radiation
- A look into Marva’s professional history
- Why it’s so important to take the spotlight off yourself
- Mental health during the 45 days of radiation.
- Marva’s renewed purpose and risk profile
- Healing from past pain and trauma
- The importance of your existence
- Why the world needs YOU!
- And much more!