Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to Warriors Unmasked for a while you know that trauma and mental illness doesn’t pick favorites. We don’t always get to choose the paths we travel in life but that doesn’t mean we don’t have the power to change our lives.
Chuck here, while Clint is out changing the world I sit down with incredible soccer player, coach, and master’s graduate Jessica Gerski. Jessica shares her story of growing up as the product of an affair, how she navigated life with an absent father, and the healing she’s found along the way.
Join us as we talk about Jessica’s yearning for a family that did not want her and the moment she realized she deserved better. Listen in to hear how this has affected her entire life from sports, to friendships, and relationships, Jessica has fought for peace of mind and the light at the end of the tunnel. You’ll learn the practices Jessica does to stay on top of her mental health, why she decided to face her issues head on, and why she is passionate about the importance of expressing your emotions.
This episode is filled with amazing insight into shedding the weigh of judgement from others and living a life that you’re proud of. For more resources, check out the links below!
Always in your corner,
Chuck and Clint
More of what we talk about...
- Growing up without a dad
- Finding out she was the product of an affair
- The importance of fathers
- Why it’s not your fault
- Staying away from toxic people in your life
- Facing your issues head on
- Learning to trust again
- Practices to help with mental health
- Why crying is healthy for you
- Embracing failure to know true success
- And much more!
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 What we cover today!
- 2:19 Welcome Jessica Gerski
- 6:35 Growing up in a different family
- 10:01 Jessica’s relationship with her dad
- 15:55 Dealing with the damage
- 20:58 How Jessica leans into new relationships
- 25:34 Learning to communicate through struggle
- 31:21 Keeping on top of her mental health
- 37:10 The importance of embracing feelings
- 39:41 What Jessica’s life looks like today
- 45:06 Jessica’s advice for you
- 47:20 Closing thoughts