Welcome back to Warriors Unmasked - The Podcast!
Welcome to another episode of Warriors Unmasked! Where we chat with amazing people who have overcome all sorts of challenges to make a difference in the world. Today, we have the pleasure of talking to Andy Lipman – an author, advocate, and all-around badass cystic fibrosis warrior!
Andy’s story is incredible. He was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at birth and lost his sister to the same disease just a few years before. But he never let that hold him back. In fact, he used it as motivation to become the most improved athlete in fourth grade – how cool is that?
Andy has written five books about cystic fibrosis, including his latest one, The CF Warrior Project, Volume 2: Celebrating Our Cystic Fibrosis Community. It’s a memoir dedicated to his mom, who inspired him to become an advocate for the cystic fibrosis community. Through his work, he’s been featured on national news channels and publications, like the Today Show and CNN.
But what’s really amazing about Andy is his tireless efforts to raise awareness and funds for cystic fibrosis. His foundation has contributed over $4.5 million towards finding a cure for this genetic disease. He’s created a community of warriors who support each other and fight for their dreams, no matter what life throws their way. And if all that isn’t impressive enough, Andy also carried the Olympic torch! Talk about living life to the fullest!
So, join us for this inspiring conversation with Andy Lipman. We guarantee you’ll walk away feeling hopeful, encouraged, and empowered to tackle whatever challenges come your way!
Always in your corner,
Chuck and Clint
EPISODE MINUTE BY MINUTE
- 0:00 Show introduction and messages from our sponsors
- 2:54 Introducing Andy Lipman and the idea of doing your best without comparison
- 8:55 Andy opens up about being diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at an early age
- 16:42 Life as a young man in high school and college dealing with CF
- 25:18 What Andy’s mental health was like at his lowest point before he really began to get strong
- 30:05 The 5 books Andy has written starting with “Alive at 25”
- 35:16 Andy does not want to be defined by Cystic Fibrosis
- 41:17 What does life look like for Andy Lipman these days?
- 45:03 Andy’s key to making sure life has more ups than downs
- 48:16 If you’re struggling in a similar way to what you’ve heard today, here’s a message from Andy